Actually, firstly they took first interview(technical) and then instead of HR interview, the director of recruitment took my second interview(technical although asked little bit abt family and myself) and i was through, without going through HR interview
1st Round
1. tell me about yourself ?
2. asked me about pure virtual functions and questions based on that like singleton class , abstract class etc.
3. then he switched to my project , which took him half an hour to understand , but he was really impresses by that , asked me to write some fragments of that project .
4. then he asked me my second semester subjects , I told him 4 subjects except networks but he kept on asking me anything else , then I said I studied networks also
5. this was the pitfall for me , he drilled me deeply in networks was asking things I never heard about GSM , i knew roaming technology but he was asking me too much deep things , at one point I gave up and said sir I know this much abt it at this time , who maan gaya , he said koi baat nahi , we r here to test wat u know and not what you don’t know (crazy tha who)
6. then he asked very things on stacks,queues,linked lists
7. tab tak 1 hour ho chukka tha , then he asked about my other project on threads , usmein to maine lapet liya and I think I gave a gud impression ,
and then it was over , he said nice to meet you
note:- my 1st technical was basically concentrated in my project
I was waiting that I shud get the call for HR and suddenly from nowhere director came out and called me, I thought it is for HR coz I was already interviewed, but he asked all technical questions (except he asked abt my family backround and about myself) later wen I came out, I came to know he was taking technical interviews but those who were interviewed by him and impressed him do not have to go for HR, in all there were 4 students including me who were treated like this, the one whose first interview was with the director, didn’t had to go through any more and was selected after that only
2nd Round
1)tell me abt yourself
2)tell abt ur family , fathers occup. Etc.
3)asked abt microprocessors , i answered the question but I said sir I don’t ave interest in microprocessors
4)asked about linux, file system , the way file is made for each device , he asked me wat type of file is made ,
5) then he asked questions on networks
tcp header, TTL is used in which layer n for wat purpose, sliding window protocol, asked about telnet, gateway (told them both transport gateway and appl. gateway), routers, bridges, RPC, pipes, sockets
networks mein aur bhi poocha but that was related to above only, bahut poocha networks se ( I suggest do ch-1 to 7 of tanenbaum thoroughly and u will n=be through)
6) then he asked about macros ,wat is their adv. And disadv. Over functions , tell them that stack is not needed for macros , so fast but need to be defined properly coz no type checking etc.
sab kuch jo poocha I was able to answer , he was smiling and even offered me cold drink after the interview , I was satisfied after that I suppose so was he , but was confused ki mere 2 interveiws kyon ho gaye ,
so that was my interveiw with aricent , I suggest do test ur c/c++ skills, tanenbaum, do data structures from any buk and algorithms (cormen) , and read the reviews given by us and u will be through in aricent
Bye,
Best Wishes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment