Saturday, June 30, 2007

Aricent Interview of Rachit Dhasmana

Selection criteria includes 3 stages
- Written Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview

Written was easy - easy type, included 7 sections. I opted for C n it was damn easy, all quest from "Test your C skill". This year C++ Paper was tough so juniors do make a better choice of the two.


Mine was 5th name on the list for interview, so I was called in the beginning itself around 3.10 pm. My interview lasted for 1 hour n 20 minutes, it was fun n I quite enjoyed it. Seriously speaking when I was in the room in front of interviewer I didn’t even come to know that this much time has passed.

My interviewer first asked me for my favorite subjects, I said OPERATING SYSTEMS, DATA STRUCTURES, C/C++.

Her next question was what about NETWORKS, I said m ok wid it u may ask from it. Then she asked me that if you are more comfortable in C++ then why did you opt for C in written test (she had my paper in her hand), I said nothing as such I had to make a choice b/w d two, I had no prob wid either so just by choice I opted for C.

Then she started with OPERATING SYSTEMS

Simple concepts like

Paging, demand paging, why paging, segmentation, paging with segmentation
Virtual memory, memory bindings
Hash tables adv n properties, implementation and examples.
Semaphores, Mutual Exclusion

Then she asked can we shift to N/W, I said ok
You wont believe but she asked almost every thing from first 6 chaps of N/W
Osi layers and their function
Tcp layers and protocols
Diff b/w tcp n osi
Design issues of physical layer
Protocols of Data Link Layer
Sliding window protocol adv, need and implementation
MAC Layer purpose
Network layes services, datagram subnet and VC, subnetting
Devices used in each layer
Tcp, max segment size of tcp, tcp connections

Then she asked me one puzzle that was ok-ok kind of, I was able to solve that.


Then she asked me from C

Simple questions and queries
Pointers, extern, some good output related quest

Then she started with data structures

Avl trees, BST, Linked lists
Deletion of node from link list whose pointer is given (without traversing the list)
Copy list using recursion, addition using recursion


That’s it

Iske baad to wo hi thak gayi she had two glasses of water just after the completion and then she said I am done wid my questions do you want to ask anything. I asked mam I told you that m good with C++ but you didn’t ask me any of its feature nor any query, she laughed and said I don’t know C++ I am just familiar to C. I said ok and gave her some of the major distinctions of C and C++.

Then she asked me to ask any doubt if I had in C, I asked her some but she rather got confused with it and was not able to answer my doubts.

But she seemed to be very convinced wid my overall attitude.
Bas then I came out of room around 4.30 or so, and was called for HR around 8.30 pm.

HR was a formality sort of just asked me some typical questions like
Tell me about yourself, background
Strengths and weaknesses
Why ARICENT, Why MSc
Team management and all that stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment