This year, students had a slight relaxation in the
eligibility criterion; students with 59% were allowed to appear.
Round 1: Written
Duration: 1 hr 40 mts
No negative marking
Subround 1: Aptitude
30 questions, 30 minutes
Syllogism, data sufficiency etc. Easy questions.
Subround 2: Attention to the detail
20 questions, 20 minutes
How good are you at looking into the details.
·
3 words were given. Either all can be same, 2 of
them can be same or all different. Mark options accordingly.
·
General Mathematical questions where operators
(+,-,*,/) were replaced with each other
·
Picture matching
Easy questions.
Subround 3: Algo and DS
20 questions, 20 minutes
Questions based on Algo and DS. Easy ones, you just need
to know basic algorithms and data structures, their pros and cons, running time
of algorithms and operations on data structures.
Subround 4: Programming Concepts – Choice in between C,
C++ and Java
30 questions, 40 minutes
You’ll be given a choice and you have to choose 1 in
between C, C++ and Java.
Questions will be based upon your choice of language. I
chose C. Easy ones. The mock placement tests helped a lot. Some questions were
even repeated.
Critical Incident
Form
This was to check how much capable a candidate is to work
in a team environment, his leadership skills and how well he handles situations
with resource constrains. Refer to Rajan Sir’s interview experience to get the
details of questions.
Make sure that you write only the reality. You can be
asked what you’ve written and if you cook some stories, you’ll be stuck up
there.
Round 2: GD
9 students in each group. This was just to check the
communication skills of the aspirant. If you were unable to come up with a view
point, you were given a chance by the HR in the end to conclude the discussion.
We were asked to choose topic on our own. People in my
group chose “Reservation for B.Sc. (H) Computer Science students in MCA”
Round 3: Personal
Interviews
My interview started with Tell me something about yourself.
As the interview was expected to be technical, I answered him accordingly. Then
he moved to Critical Incident Form and asked me what I had written in 2 out of
7 questions. I told him, but missed a small detail in one of them. He asked me
whether I missed something. Luckily I was able to recall.
Then he moved to Technical. Started with flip-flops, race
condition, registers and counters. Then moved to C. Total number of data types
and keywords in C.
Then he moved to networks. On which layer of OSI, does
data translation take place? What is the difference between Telnet and SSH?
Explain how a file is fetched from a unix server to a windows machine.
I told
him that I am not much comfortable in Networks. Then he asked my fav subject. I
replied C. He said that he doesn’t like C and asked any other fav subject. I
replied DS and Algo. He told me that he’ll ask from networks only and continued
with last question. Then he modified the previous question of file fetching that I had to fetch all the files having
keyword ‘data’ in them. He wanted me to write a shell command, but I was able to
explain the logic only and told him that I don’t remember syntax of sed and awk.
Next he moved to Software Engg. Types of testing, what
all kinds of testing I’ve heard of, categorize them under black box and white
box, explain each of them, SDLC, explain SDLC, name models, explain models. I
told him that I don’t remember testing properly. Then he gave me a problem for
average of 3 numbers and result was not allowed to be 0. I was asked to design
test cases and he expected me to write them down in a proper manner.
All through, he tried to test my confidence by saying
that I was telling wrong answers, he has studied something else and I am
telling something else etc. etc.
I had marked development role on my form out of a choice
between development and testing role. He asked me why development and why not
testing. I was asked to convince him to put me in development and tried to
convince me for testing side by side. I gave him reasons and he always replied
he was not convinced. This conversation continued for about 20 minutes and in
the end he said that he was still not convinced and asked me that since I was
unable to convince him, should he mark 0 in communication skills column of the
interview report. I replied politely that he can mark me on my performance.
With this, ended my technical interview.
Soon I was called for HR interview. She started with
“Tell me something about yourself”, then hobbies, interests, my fav interest.
Since I answered music, she asked me what kind of music. I replied with my fav
genre, then she asked me artists. After
this she asked me how did I manage daily up-down to home. She asked my why
aricent, my dream company. I replied with Google. Then she asked why aricent
then, why not Google directly. I replied that Aricent works in networking and I'll be able to improve my technical skills so that I can match the Google level. Next was my expectations from Aricent. Then I
was asked if I wanted to ask some questions from Aricent. I asked a lot of questions
regarding technology, current projects, work environment and cab.
That’s it. My interview lasted about 1.5 hrs including 15
minutes of HR interview.
No comments:
Post a Comment