Nagarro @Department
For Question 2: My code did not run for all input sizes, so sir asked me to think of different approaches. I told him a recursive one, and he told me an iterative one. It was the same as my code with a different indexing formula.
For Question 4: I was again asked to think of different approaches, and sir said that best one would be to use the difference between rows and columns.
Written: 2 Papers
Paper 1 - Aptitude
This included problems from trigonometry, mensuration, geometry, percentages, profit-loss etc.
The level was above average as compared to other companies.
Paper 2 - Coding
4 problems to be coded in 90 mins: (I attempted all 4)
1) Given an integer array containing only 0s and 1s, find the longest sub-sequence in which number of ones equals number of zeroes.
2) Given an integer array of size 3*n, containing 3 subarrays - A(a1...an), B (b1...bn) & C (c1...cn) in that order. Write code to change the order to a1,b1,c1,a2,b2,c2...an,bn,cn. You cannot use extra memory.
3) Given a string, find the first non-repeating character. (Eg: abcabd - answer would be c)
4) Print the following pattern, do not store elements in the memory:
55555
44445
33345
22345
12345
44445
33345
22345
12345
Those who cleared the aptitude test were called for the interviews.
Tech Interview
- I was asked to introduce myself, and I'd mentioned my interest in embedded and mobile systems, so sir asked me which microcontrollers I was familiar with. He then asked me to implement MUL instruction for an 8085 mcu.
- Which is my favourite language and why? I answered C, and gave my reasons : fast, closer to the machine, flexibility, etc. It was his favourite language too!
- Which is my favourite language and why? I answered C, and gave my reasons : fast, closer to the machine, flexibility, etc. It was his favourite language too!
Sir then shifted to the codes I had written, discussed each code one by one. For codes which were not optimal, he asked me for other approaches.
For Question 1: I had used 2 variables to store count of 0s and 1s, sir pointed out that I could have done the same thing using only one variable!For Question 2: My code did not run for all input sizes, so sir asked me to think of different approaches. I told him a recursive one, and he told me an iterative one. It was the same as my code with a different indexing formula.
For Question 4: I was again asked to think of different approaches, and sir said that best one would be to use the difference between rows and columns.
Then sir asked me about which languages I like? I told him C. He asked me, why C? and what all do you like about it?
Then sir asked me a few questions from C, (dynamically malloc'ing a 2d array, and difference between that and (m*n*sizeof(int)) )
HR Interview:
- Ma'am asked for my introduction, and asked the usual questions -
- Who all are in your family, interests, where do you live, how would you rate yourself in coding in your class?
- Who all are in your family, interests, where do you live, how would you rate yourself in coding in your class?
- What technologies would you prefer : .net, java, c/cpp, etc...
- Why Nagarro? What do you know about Nagarro? I'd looked at the profile the day before, so it helped.
- Finally she asked me if I had any questions, I just asked about the nature of work and that was it.
- Finally got selected, and I would suggest that please attempt atleast 3 out of 4 codes, if not all.
- Finally she asked me if I had any questions, I just asked about the nature of work and that was it.
- Finally got selected, and I would suggest that please attempt atleast 3 out of 4 codes, if not all.
- My interviewer paid a lot of attention to the code I had written, So be prepared with different approaches,
and know your code inside out!
and know your code inside out!
All the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment