There was an aptitude test, followed by four programming questions. We were to write code for these four problems.
1) All elements in an array are repeated twice except one. Find that element. (I don’t remember this exact question but it was similar to this)
2) Every number has a Digital river associated to it; the next element in the river is obtained by adding to the number, sum of its digits. For e.g.
River-8 is.
8->16->23->28->38...
8
8+8=16
16+ (1+7) =23
23+ (2+3) =28 and so on...
All rivers meet river-1, river-3 or river-9 at some point.
Given a Number find which river it meets.
3) There is an encryption technique that uses square matrix of odd order to encrypt/decrypt.
For e.g. "SANDEEP JAIN IS IN MCA"
There are 22 letters so we take a 5x5 matrix.
---------------------1) All elements in an array are repeated twice except one. Find that element. (I don’t remember this exact question but it was similar to this)
2) Every number has a Digital river associated to it; the next element in the river is obtained by adding to the number, sum of its digits. For e.g.
River-8 is.
8->16->23->28->38...
8
8+8=16
16+ (1+7) =23
23+ (2+3) =28 and so on...
All rivers meet river-1, river-3 or river-9 at some point.
Given a Number find which river it meets.
3) There is an encryption technique that uses square matrix of odd order to encrypt/decrypt.
For e.g. "SANDEEP JAIN IS IN MCA"
There are 22 letters so we take a 5x5 matrix.
| S | A | N | D | E |
---------------------
| E | P | - | J | A |
---------------------
| I | N | - | I | S |
---------------------
| - | I | N | - | M |
---------------------
| C | A | * | * | * |
---------------------
The cipher text is: "-I-NINP-JASM***AC-IESANDE"
Write the functions to encrypt/decrypt. (Guys this is just spiral traversal of a 2-D array. Rather than trying to write code for encryption/decryption, try to print the array in the spiral manner first.
I don't remember the fourth question... :P
Tech Interview:
Interview was simple, He just asked me to explain my approach, my code & techniques to optimize them.
HR Interview:
Tell me something about yourself.
Why do you want to leave Aricent?
Why did you sit for Aricent?
Where will stay or how will you travel, since we do not provide cab facility?
Where will you do your training here or Aricent?
Would you like to ask us anything?
All The Best... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment