Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nagarro Interview of Manisha Goel

Hello all,

Written Test (40 Questions)(40 minutes)

Section-1 Maths (20 Ques)

(Ratio-proportion, circles, squares, spheres, trigonometry, profit and loss, roots of the equation etc. basically 8,9,10th math) (They will give u formulas’ list but that is another thing ki u see them when the paper finishes, cuz they are attached at the back.)

Section-2 Analytical Reasoning (20 Ques)

There are four passage types questions (some conditions and restrictions on a situation)

Means some details are given and you have to answer questions based on them.

Like one Question I remember was:

I, J, N, A, S, L, O, P, X gives a class test in which minimum passing marks was 7.

A got exactly 8 marks more than S who has failed with other two. X who lies first behind A got one mark more than O.N has middle position. I got one mark more than P who got one mark more than S.J has just passed. Ranking are always only one mark behind or ahead means there can be difference of only one mark in consecutive rankings. the least marks are 4.

Now there are Questions like which rank P holds? How many marks A got? Who secured 6 marks? Etc. If u got the right sequence then everything will become so nice.


Five minutes Break

Then comes the most awaited part( for me it was least awaited J J, but …aana to tha hi)

Coding (4 questions)(90 minutes)

(Blank sheets for writing answers are attached to the Question paper; Write with either pen or pencil,write ur code in c/c++, if do not knw any then pseudo code.)

(I m writing here all this bcuz do not ask Questions there, Hume usne aisa bola tha ki “I don’t know why u guys ask so many Questions?” so not for the next time ok)

Ques1. Digital River Question

A digital river means a series in which the next element is the previous element+ sum of its digits.

Means like if I say river 25

Then the next element of this river is 25+2+7=34

So Digital River 25 is 25,34,41,46,56,67,80,88…

Every digital river meets river1, river3 or river9 for sure.

We have to write a function in which the input is an int n and we have to return the number where river n meets any of these three rivers.

For e.g.: we have given 44

River 1: 1,2,4,8,16,23,28,38,49,62,70,77,91,101,103,107

River 44: 44,52,59,73,83,94,107

So river 44 meets river 1 at 107,we have to return 107.

Prototype: int meetsriverat (int n)



Ques2 .To find whether a given string is a rotation of the other string.

E.g.: CDEAB is a rotation of ABCDE,ABDEC is not a rotation of ABCDE.

Return 1 if it is a rotation else return 0.

Prototype: int findifrotate(char* a, char*b)

Ques3.ye wala mane pura nh kiya tha

Isme ye tha ki tumhe ek message diya hai char * ki form me and ek 5X5 ka matrix hai. Sabse phle hume message ko matrix me place karna tha, it was easy

Just like ki agar message “Please Encode me !!!!” hai to phli row me shuru k 5 characters yaani “Pleas” and then so on.

And ye bhi diya tha ki tum man sakte ho ki tumhara message kabhi 25 characters se jyada nh aayega and agar chota hua to baki k bache cells me “*” dal do.


Iske baad hume msg ko encode karna tha

Yaani array k middle se start kar k use helically uthana tha

Encoding Marix

















P L E A S
E
E N C
O D E
M
E
! ! !
! * * * *



means we have to write a function

char* encode(char*)

to this if we give input “Please Encode Me !!!!”

then return shud be E !! D ENCM!****!EOEPLEAS

Now again we have to place this helically in the decoding matrix and then

Again write a function char* decode(char*)

And the input to this one is the above encoded message and u have to decode and return the original message.

Ques4. an array contains exactly all numbers twice except one.

Find the number that appears only once.


I cleared the written part. (This result was only based on math and reasoning part)

Now coming to the technical interview

He said that explain the code.

First Question ka logic use bhut acha lga.

Second question me usne dekha and mujhe ek example diya and pucha ki ye wala case to tumhare code me handle hi nh hoga,

First to mujhe lga ki yes sir u r right but then abhi usne agla nh pucha tha ki mujhe kuch strike kiya and I explained a dry run on his example and said ki I have handled that also.

Then phle fourth question kiya tha

Mane jo logic lgaya tha usse O( nlogn) time aa rha tha,mane usse kaha ki mere frnd ne mujhe abhi ek aur tarika btaya hai O(n) wala aur wo use samjha diya.

Usne mujhse kha ki koi aisa algorithm batao jisme pura array scan na karna pade jaise hi wo element mile hum bahar aa jaaye,mane do mnt socha aur kha ki its not striking, u tell me please, usne kha ki I cant tell u now ,and will tell u later.

Then third ques to mane pura kiya nh tha but usne logic pucha ,mane btaya to tha but mujhe lag rha tha ki he was not interested ya use samajh nh aya tha jo mane use samjhaya ya fir mera btaya hua logic use galat laga but he said nothing.

Fir cv manga ,pure cv me se sirf paper presentations dekhi and asked one question on wireless lans and extra curricular to bhut dhyan se padhi thi.

Fir pucha ki have u been placed already?

I said ki I cant tell u that, its against our placement policy.

He said its ok but HR will ask u the same then will u give the same answer? ,I said yes, he said then go, I said thanks sir.


Then HR

Tell me about yourself.
Family Backround.
Where do u stay
She asked me if we do not provide cabs then how will u manage.
Then take my signature on the paper that if they do not provide a cab then its ok with me.
Then why nagarro? I answered something.

Which seniors told u that, I named ritika and neha but she said ki unhone to abhi abhi join kiya hai,then asked any specific profile u wanna work in? I said no mam.

Have u been placed somewhere?

My answer was same as in tech interview,she felt angry and said rudely “I know its aricent and its 3.5”.

Then I kept quite on this and then she said see manisha, if u selected for this ,then u will be working with us after one year so u shud not talk like this.

Mujhe isse ye lga ki select to karegi nh ab,to mane kaha ki mam currently I am studying

In my department ,not working with u so I shud be loyal to them first.

She said ok.and kaha ki next ko bhejo.

That’s it.

Pata nahi kaise but select ho gyi thi :P :P :P

No comments:

Post a Comment