Hello friends,
So, now I am going to share my experience wih you guys, so jhelo ab mera email.....
Lets start with the written test.
There were 7 sections. Each section was of some specified duration and you had to complete that section within that duration only because they took back the question paper after specified duration and handed over the next section. There was just a single answer sheet and the best part was that there was no negative marking. That meant that you can make wild guesses (but don't do that, please) . Also there was some cut-off for each section and you had to clear each individual sectional cut-off.
First section was of English of total 15 queastions and we had 15 minutes for these questions. There were 10, fill in the blanks type, questions in which we had to fill the most appropriate word (quite easy questions). And 5 more questions were there, I don't remember what type of questions...
Second section was of logical reasoning with15 questions and 15 minutes for that. Quite easy one as during the interview, my interviewer said that I scored quite good in this section.
Third section was of ......oops, sorry, I forgot
Fourth section was of comprehension, in which there was a passage which we had to read in 15 minutes and then they were supposed to take it back and give us a set of 10 questions which we had to complete in 10 minutes. But by mistake, they gave us the questions first and when they came to know about it, they gave us the passage and hence we got complete 25 minutes to complete those questions but the questions were quite 'ajeeb se' as in some questions more than 1 option seemed correct to me.
Fifth section was of Algo and OS, with 20 questions and 20 minutes to complete those questions. Quite tricky one and again, in some questions the correct answer was not given in the options.
Sixth section was of C/C++. I chose C and there were 20 questions and we had 20 minutes for that section. Questions were average (neither too hard nor too easy), but some were definitely tricky.
Seventh section was of e-mail writing, with 5 minutes to complete that. e-mail had to be of between 50-125 words. e-mail ka topic likhne ka mann nahin kar raha....
It was all regarding the written test.
Now let me share my interview with you guys.
As you all know that I was quite happy after the interview, so you can say that it was quite simple one for me, although some people had quite straineous session with the interviewers.
The first quest was as usual 'tell me something about yourself'. As it was a tech interview, so don't go into too much of details. Don't forget to mention your areas of interest. Then I was asked to write a code to find whether a number is a power of 2 or not. I thought for about 1-2 minutes as I couldn't decide whether to write a good code or to do some time pass by writing an inefficient code
Then finally I wrote a good one, which is given in K&R. Then he asked me to explain the code, which I did. Then he asked me to write another code to find the number of 1s in binary representation of the number. Then he asked me to write a code to pack an integer of 4 bytes into a char array of 4 characters. Then he asked me the difference between char *p="hello" and char p[]="hello". Then he asked me to write a code to find the height of a binary tree and to trace it, but then he started tracing himself. Then he asked me to implement linked list as arrays, implementing linked list as array of objects of some structure and using pointers too. He asked me how to delete a node in strcuture's case. I told him a solution but he wasn't impressed and told me his own solution but there was a big flaw in his solution which I immediately pointed out and he had to say that my code was right. Then same question on linked list using pointers. Then he came to OS and asked me what are preemptive scheduling algorithms, what is priority based scheduling and a little bit about inodes. Then he asked me to ask him any question, if I have one. I asked him one or two questions. Then just before leaving, he asked my the stages in SDLC in which I forgot to mention the design phase. He immediately pointed it out and I corrected my answer. And then I finaaly came out of the room.
Now let me tell you about my HR interview.
Manish asked me my academic background, then, what I know about aricent and which is my dream company. For me, it was just like formality..
So, hope you enjoyed my mail very much. No need to say 'thank you' guys....
So, now I am going to share my experience wih you guys, so jhelo ab mera email.....
Lets start with the written test.
There were 7 sections. Each section was of some specified duration and you had to complete that section within that duration only because they took back the question paper after specified duration and handed over the next section. There was just a single answer sheet and the best part was that there was no negative marking. That meant that you can make wild guesses (but don't do that, please) . Also there was some cut-off for each section and you had to clear each individual sectional cut-off.
First section was of English of total 15 queastions and we had 15 minutes for these questions. There were 10, fill in the blanks type, questions in which we had to fill the most appropriate word (quite easy questions). And 5 more questions were there, I don't remember what type of questions...
Second section was of logical reasoning with15 questions and 15 minutes for that. Quite easy one as during the interview, my interviewer said that I scored quite good in this section.
Third section was of ......oops, sorry, I forgot
Fourth section was of comprehension, in which there was a passage which we had to read in 15 minutes and then they were supposed to take it back and give us a set of 10 questions which we had to complete in 10 minutes. But by mistake, they gave us the questions first and when they came to know about it, they gave us the passage and hence we got complete 25 minutes to complete those questions but the questions were quite 'ajeeb se' as in some questions more than 1 option seemed correct to me.
Fifth section was of Algo and OS, with 20 questions and 20 minutes to complete those questions. Quite tricky one and again, in some questions the correct answer was not given in the options.
Sixth section was of C/C++. I chose C and there were 20 questions and we had 20 minutes for that section. Questions were average (neither too hard nor too easy), but some were definitely tricky.
Seventh section was of e-mail writing, with 5 minutes to complete that. e-mail had to be of between 50-125 words. e-mail ka topic likhne ka mann nahin kar raha....
It was all regarding the written test.
Now let me share my interview with you guys.
As you all know that I was quite happy after the interview, so you can say that it was quite simple one for me, although some people had quite straineous session with the interviewers.
The first quest was as usual 'tell me something about yourself'. As it was a tech interview, so don't go into too much of details. Don't forget to mention your areas of interest. Then I was asked to write a code to find whether a number is a power of 2 or not. I thought for about 1-2 minutes as I couldn't decide whether to write a good code or to do some time pass by writing an inefficient code
Then finally I wrote a good one, which is given in K&R. Then he asked me to explain the code, which I did. Then he asked me to write another code to find the number of 1s in binary representation of the number. Then he asked me to write a code to pack an integer of 4 bytes into a char array of 4 characters. Then he asked me the difference between char *p="hello" and char p[]="hello". Then he asked me to write a code to find the height of a binary tree and to trace it, but then he started tracing himself. Then he asked me to implement linked list as arrays, implementing linked list as array of objects of some structure and using pointers too. He asked me how to delete a node in strcuture's case. I told him a solution but he wasn't impressed and told me his own solution but there was a big flaw in his solution which I immediately pointed out and he had to say that my code was right. Then same question on linked list using pointers. Then he came to OS and asked me what are preemptive scheduling algorithms, what is priority based scheduling and a little bit about inodes. Then he asked me to ask him any question, if I have one. I asked him one or two questions. Then just before leaving, he asked my the stages in SDLC in which I forgot to mention the design phase. He immediately pointed it out and I corrected my answer. And then I finaaly came out of the room.
Now let me tell you about my HR interview.
Manish asked me my academic background, then, what I know about aricent and which is my dream company. For me, it was just like formality..
So, hope you enjoyed my mail very much. No need to say 'thank you' guys....
No comments:
Post a Comment