Saturday, June 30, 2007

Aricent Interview of Amit Singhal

Q. What all subjects have u studied in MSc so far?
Q. What all did u study in Algorithms?
Q. What all searching sorting techniques did u study?
Q. What is insertion sort?

Q. What data structure will u use to implement insertion sort?
A. I said since searching is done only on some particular field, I think its best to use an array, since the values are all of a similar data type.

Q. Can u use a linked list instead of array?
A. I thought and said we can, but is better to use array since indexing can be done faster on arrays

Q. Are u comfortable with C?
Q. Can u write a code to perform Insertion sort in C using linked list?
Q. What all did u study in operating systems?
Q. Which operating system did u studied?
Q. Do u know UNIX?
Q. What is memory management?
Q. Can you draw a correspondence between OSI layers and TCP/IP layers?
A. I explained with the help of diagram the correspondence between the layers of two models and explained the functioning of each layer.

Q. Please Explain TCP and UDP?
Q. Which will u use for file transfer and which one for voice transfer?
Q. In which layer does sliding-window protocol works?
Q. Can u explain me sliding window protocol?
Q. Which is the latest project u did in C?
Q. What all did u did in it? (I explained what all features we provided)
Q. Which data structures did u use?
Q. What all file operations did u use?
Q. How did u performed searching in files residing on disk? (I said sequentially)
Q. Couldn’t have u fastened it? (I said yes, using some kind of indexing)
Q. Why didn’t u use then, u could have used B-tree
A. I said yes, we could have tried, we even considered it, but since we didn’t considered it from the very beginning, it required a lot of changes in our existing code, and moreover there was a time constraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment