Saturday, May 8, 2010

One97 Interview of Yayati Rajpal

Experience @ One97

We visited company and when we reach there we got to know that D.C.E was also there, So there were total of 36 students.

Written Test 1:

Out of 20 questions we had to attempt any 15 (subjective test)
Few of which I remember are as follows:

Q. Given a M x N matrix we have a robot which can move 1 step right or 1 step down, At any places there can be wall at A[i][j] where 0 is < i < M and o < j < M, starting from A[0][0]. We have to print all paths to reach A[M][N]
Q. Write a subroutine to print Fibonacci series recursively?
Q.  Write a program to reverse singly linked list?
Q. Difference between aggregation and composition.
Q. Difference between Process and Threads. What are different ways to do multithreading(something like this).
Q. Write a program to do binary search on sorted array.
Q. Given some code….tell whether it compiles or not, with reason.
Q.Given a regular expression write preorder, postorder equivalent to that.
Q.Difference between truncate and delete?
Q. 3-4 objective type questions
    Train question …………. Which conclusion follows???
In java, which command is used for garbage collection
1. system.out.gc()
2. system.gc()
3. setgarbagecollection()  something like these

Written 2 : Aptitude test
It includes questions on verbal ability, logical reasoning, numerical ability (more calculative) , data Interpretation, Good one but calculative.

Technical Round 1:
He started with
1. Tell me something about yourself? What more u want to add? What u hav learned new in last 5-6 months….?
I told him about my VisTree project (Generic decision tree inducer and visualizer) which we have implemented in java………..then he went into java……..
2. How are Interfaces different from Abstract classes?
3. Is interface there in C/C++?
4.Given a program in java called as a.java which is :
C:\abc\pqr\xyz\a.java where abc, pqr, xyz are the packages

How to compile this program on command prompt give different ways?? Few more question in java.

Then he moved to OOPs concepts: Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance
- Difference between abstraction and encapsulation??
- Write binary search program recursively.
Then he switch to DBMS,
- Normalization, outer joins, inner join, left outer join.
- Given two relations perform outer join on this (He wanted to know whether I knw it correctly or not.
- He looked into my written test paper and ask to explain reverse linked list code which I had written.
Then he switch to O.S.
Virtual memory, Page fault etc.


Technical Round 2:

He started with  how was your first tech?

- Rate urself in C/C++?? Then asked me 2-3 output questions of pointers…
- From O.S-----Paging
- What is segmentation fault ?? give situations where it occurs??
- IPC Semaphores----- counting semaphore hw it works…
- From Netwrks------TCP,UDP ?
- Sockets? I told them very basic which I knw about.
- Hav u done any socket programimg earlier??
- How connections established?
- Difference between 16 bit O.S and 32 bit O.S?

Immediately after this round I was called for 3rd tech round

Technical Round 3:

He started with how was the day??
- Then ask me to write your own atoi function??
- How to find in single line code whether 5th bit is set or not??
- 2-3 questions on C/C++ concepts……..(dnt remember)
Then little bit of HR
- Are u willing to work late hrs….
I told them if required and if work is very crucial for company, then he smiles and said every work is crucial..
- Why do you think person has to work late hrs????
- What r ur areas of interest??
- About my future plans


HR Round:

She was very nice... She first looked into my resume ask questions like
- About my favourite subjects in BSc and MSc.?
- Interests
- Future plans….What you aim to be??
- She ask me whether I knew how much package they were offering?? I told her
- Then she went out to confirm with her colleagues
In the end she smiled and said you are part of One97……. Welcome to One97

Finally I got selected 
All the Bbest... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment