Hi
Written test pattern was same as last year i.e. it was divided into 4 sections
* Aptitude (30)
* Attention to Detail (20)
* Data structures and algorithm (20)
* C/C++/Java (30)
Aptitude was easy but some questions were time consuming and I was taking 2 attempts to solve them.
Attention to detail was also simple but some questions was also time consuming here like aptitude paper e.g. if * is +, + is -, - is / and / is * then which of the following option is true
12/3*7-56+6=54(and 3 other options were like this)
Some other questions were like conditions were given and some test cases were given in questions, you have to check that the cases satisfying the conditions or not (job interview, essence required to make perfume etc)
Data structures and algorithm was filled with basic questions like queue me enqueue deque kaha se hota hai and uski overflow conditions kya hoti hai ? Find no of swaps to sort a given set of nos using bubble sort
C section was also filled with very basic question agar test your c/c++ with pointers in c kari hai to there won’t be any problem
Then they gave us a form called Critical incidence form in which you have to describe the leadership and other team skills you have displayed in your college life.
GD
It was a different type of GD where we were divided into two groups and each group was provided with a script (dono groups ki scripts opposite thee jo hume bataya nahi tha).IMPORTANT these scripts should be treated as your only thoughts for the entire discussion and you cannot add your own thoughts to it. Now you have to convince the other group about your thoughts.
Interview
Firstly he analyzed my resume for more than five minutes, And then he started to ask (he discussed each question and asked examples too)
1. What is dining philosopher’s problem? How can you avoid it?
2. What are the methods for communication between 2 processes? (shared memory and message passing) any other method ?(I said I don’t know)
3. What are static variables and static functions?
4. Difference between array and linked list
5. What are structures and unions?(iska answer maine thoda galat diya tha jo usne correct kiya tha)
6. What is critical section? Has deadlock anything to do with it?
7. He asked me to write a function for computing factorial of a number? I asked him iterative or recursive, he said anything I wrote recursive. Then he asked me for the values in which the function will fail?
8. Then he asked me about system stack, segmentation fault and array bounds in c
9. How can we avoid deadlock? (Mai 4 me se ek condition bhool gaya tha)
10. What is paging? Its connection with virtual memory
11. What is real time operating System?
12. What is scheduling? What are various page replacement algorithms and what is a context of a process and context switch.
13. Are you comfortable in UNIX? Write a command to return no of files containing a particular pattern in a directory and its subdirectories? (I said I don’t know)
14. What is BFS? Can you think of a practical situation where its used. (I said I am not able to think one right now)
15. What is DFS? Can you think of a practical situation where its used
16. What is connection oriented and connection less services its examples and where it is used
17. What is circuit switching and packet switching?
18. Given a list of all people in a city with phone and you have to do indexing by phone number. Which data structure would you recommend for this problem?
19. Can we apply hash tables to it (ek baar maine hash map bol diya tha to uske peechey pad gaya) what would be the problems associated with it
20. What is the difference between little endian and big endian (I said that I know the difference but I don’t know which one is what. He was on the verge of laughter)
21. Struct a{
Int a; char b; float c;
};
What would be the size of a. I said alignment ka panga hai to usne aur deep me poocha how? What? Why?
Finally he started discussing my critical incidence form and asked 2 situations in details
Questions for the critical incidence form were same from last year (in each question you have to write 3 things what you did how you did and what was result)i.e.
1. Give an example where you have completed many tasks in a short span of time
2. Describe an event where you were against the proposed plan of action but later you accommodated to it.
3. Give an example where you faced a problem and you have solved it.
4. An event where your group had little knowledge but you had to complete the task.
5. Describe an event when you had a little knowledge about a particular project but still you managed to complete it.
6. Write one incident where u showed leadership quality and helped to achieve an objective or goal.
7. Write one incident where u had a lot of work to complete in very less time.. what steps did u take to complete it on time?
And in the end he said if I want to ask him something
Well that’s it from my side.. :)
Best of luck for your placements
No comments:
Post a Comment