Written test was easy… (aptitude and quantative part took some time but C, DS, Algo were easy). Then comes the interviews after a Group Discussion….
Firstly I was nervous as it was my first interview, but the interviewer was a nice guy… He made me feel as a friend… so it went on smoothly than I have expected (thanks to that guy).
Though I am not able to remember all the questions he asked … but some of them are:-
1. Write a code for traversal in a linked list, structure of a node, its typedef form, explain how it works.
2. Write any recursive function (I wrote factorial function), how it works… what internal data structure we need for it (of course stack), why is stack needed.
3. How is in-order traversal of a tree done, its code, an example tree?
4. If you are given a problem of sorting PAN no. of a huge no. of persons, which sorting technique you will use… why? (I told him radix sort with counting sort)… Then he asked what you see in an algorithm to apply it on a given problem?
5. What is DFS? Whether it is memory intensive or CPU intensive? I told memory intensive, and then he asked why?
6. What is FOREIGN KEY? He gave me a table and told to insert a row in which this constraint was violating… then he asked why we can’t add it?
7. Write a SQL query in which we have to select all the tuples from a table in which FIRSTNAME is starting with letter ‘S’.
8. If I type a string say www.abc.com in a browser’s address bar? What is happening and how? (He wants to know about DNS and TCP/IP mumbo-jumbo going on…)
9. I have two applications on two terminals which want to communicate with each other… how will it proceed? (about Sockets)
10. What are static variables? Differences b/w global and local statics? Where local static variables are stored in memory?
11. What is PCB (Process control block)? What items are stored into the PCB?
12. You are developing an application… You are done with analysis, design and coding phases. Is there anything left before publishing the product (obviously testing)? How is testing done? (I told him about unit testing and integrative testing)… Why is integrative testing needed if you have tested thoroughly all the modules of your application?
Actually it was HR-cum-Technical Round; there are some HR questions which he asked in between…
1. Tell me about yourself (I told only about name, and academic and family background, not much more as I was very nervous initially).
2. If you have a quite efficient method for solving a given problem and one of your colleague too has other method which he thinks is much better. What will you do if yours method is better than his; what if you found his method much more efficient?
3. If you are in a team in which some people are slow at work and some are fast at it. Is this state of your team acceptable? What will you do to resolve this matter?
No comments:
Post a Comment