Saturday, July 1, 2006

Flextronics Interview of Viresh Madan

I went for my interview immediately after lunch so the panel was pretty relaxed and cool at that time. There were two people in my panel. One was male and other was a lady.

First thing they asked me was about myself – tell every good point u want to tell about yourself as this is the starting point and interview is in your control at this moment.

Don’t you think that internet surfing should be your hobby. I said I have not some obvious things in my resume.

I told him everything about myself and my family and my achievements in past.

Remember if u r telling them your strengths then u should always have example to justify your statement.


TECHNICAL

Now he asked me about my favorite subject. I said operating systems.

OS
  • There is a concept where these systems get stuck. I mean no process is able to move forward in execution and system is stuck. What’s that? Deadlock (Answer)
  • So what are the different ways to get rid of this problem?
  • Do you know what is bankers algorithm?


DS and Algos
  • Write a program to insert a node in a linked list. (Sorted)
  • I used malloc in my program so he asked where this space initialized comes from.(stack or heap) – Heap (Answer)

Networks
  • What is circuit switching, packet switching????
  • What is used in telephone and internet???
  • Give me complete description of how landline works and how mobile works?
  • TCP Vs UDP
  • OSI model
  • 4 primitives of OSI model


Software Engineering
  • Do you know what is SDLC?????
  • What are the different phases??
  • Tell me something about testing??
  • Different phases of testing??
  • Do you know about load testing??
  • Try n think about it and tell what the world load suggests you.


Then General
  • Do you know any body in Flextronics?
  • Why do u want to join flextronics?

Human Resources
  • Hi Viresh, So tell me about yourself.
  • Your marks at all levels
  • Why do you want to join flextronics
  • What will you do of your first salary – then he streched this issue that why will u give it your dad and not to mom. Is there some hierarchy?? Is your dad leading you all??
  • Tell me something about which you feel proud of??
  • Tell me something good about u? I said I can make people laugh in no time so he said how will this help our company. I said I can make the moment light in seconds. He said do you think you will get enough time to crack a joke. I said I think I can spend 1 min of 60 minutes and so on..
  • Tell me something bad about you. I said nothing bad.. I mean nothing special to be mentioned.. Like others I too get nervous before interview and all that.

I WAS SELECTED

No comments:

Post a Comment